Mga Pahina

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mad Mom's Day

I remember a story about a man who asked God to give him things. However, instead of the things that he needed, God gave him something different. It was like instead of patience, he got trials, he asked for perseverance he got something else. Anything he asked for, he got something different. Though the story may sound frustrating on the human's point of view, the point of the story is that God gives us something to build up our character. I love the concept.

Something of the sort happened to me today. But it was not lovable. It was frustrating.

As far as I can remember, this is the first time I treated mama and papa out on a mother's day.

Who said it can't be a mother AND father's day? Oh, my brother was also there. So who said it couldn't be a mother's AND father's AND brother's day?

Who cares anyway?

So I treated them to a restaurant of their own choosing. rather, it was by brother's choosing. It was a great pizza restaurant. Great for breaking down a potential happy moment.

We ordered for a thick crust pizza, we got a thin crust instead. Not only was it thin crust, it was also too small for our large appetite. When we asked if we could get the pizza changed or add another pizza, the waiter said, "I'm sorry sir, pero patay na po yung oven namin." (We already turned off our oven.)

Since we don't eat pork, we asked that it be removed from their pasta. Minutes later, we were told that they cannot do it, so we cancelled and asked for something else. We ordered chicken instead, we thought it was over. Minutes later, they told us the exact words they told us about the pizza. Their oven was already off.

Everything was off and unavailable.


We were left with no choice but to dine with a small thin crust pizza and a basket of potatoes.
It was really disappointing considering that the restaurant was a favorite when I was younger.

All we could hear were apologies from their crew. 

We had no choice but to eat, we were already hungry and we'd take it anyway. But for sure, we won't go back to that restaurant. 

2 comments:

  1. Nyah! If I were you, I would have gone out from that resto! Kaya nga ba minsan lang ako kumain sa Shakeys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo nga... pero grabe, that resto used to be good when I was a kid. I wonder what happened to them....

    ReplyDelete