Mga Pahina

Friday, July 8, 2011

25


An uncle once told me that life and your view of life would definitely change once you turned 25. 
I was in college back then and my imagination wandered to what would happen if I turned 25. I imagined my self discovering that I had super powers that would only manifest when I turned 25. Or maybe I was already a rockstar enjoying the fame and fortune and the thousands of fans flocking to my concerts each day. Or maybe, I woke up on my 25th birthday sounding like Aristotle or Socrates and filling my head with philosophical thoughts and eccentric inventions. 
I wondered what would happen to me when I turned 25? What radical change would happen? What part of me would change? 
I kept my uncles word and tried to watch and wait for the change that would come to me when I turn 25. 
Apparently that's today. And I don't seem to find any change in me. Probably a little wiser or more inspired than before, but nothing else seemed new to me. 
Nonetheless, I'm 25. So that's that.

6 comments: