Mga Pahina

Monday, August 1, 2011

The Youth Ministries is Alive!

I don't really know how to react. I guess the youth really is the backbone of the church.

I was sent on a beat weeks ago to gather information regarding the schedule of activities of all the ministries of the church from August to September. This is in line with the new ministry that is about to come out. It's called Engage and it's going to be the new publication of PAC. 

Since I already have an active role in the Youth Ministries, gathering their calendar of events was as easy as checking my daily schedule. The same goes with Makati Project Grow and the Deaf Ministry. I tried to contact Lifeline Chorale, our youth choir, and the Angels' echoes, the children's choir and gathered their activities. Next I contacted people from the Prison Ministries, Radio Ministries and Women's Ministries. Then, I inquired from our head deacon and the deaconesses about any up coming activities. Finally, I was able to ask the head of the Health Ministries for any medical missions and such for those months. I couldn't find the head of the Senior Citizens Ministries a.k.a. Young Once Ministries and the head of the Home and Family Ministries.

What I found out was really amazing. I don't actually know how to react, but it turns out that out of all the ministries, majority of the ministries headed by the youth have a full schedule. Other ministries don't even have a schedule for august or september. I figured they either made no plans or just made activities on the fly. 

Great job Youth! 

2 comments:

  1. There's some truth to "The youth is the hope of the nation" quote of Jose Rizal. ;) More power to the AY Ministries! ^__^

    ReplyDelete