Mga Pahina

Thursday, February 19, 2009

This Little Light of Mine

Would you believe that the moment I breathed a sigh of relief, I received a sudden call?

I was truly thankful that the Dear Kuya Episode 2 was canceled. I was downcast, I admit. I really wanted to hear the stories these couples would share to us. At the same time, I felt really glad. This week was like hell for me. The papers that I needed to rush because I set my own deadline were the agenda each night. Added to this is the daily race around the clock to provide quality service to my puny but restless clients. They were kids and I was a bigger kid, just imagine the games we play. So this is what working 6-8 hours a day in a week feels like. It burns.

So I have already set my mind on a blissful sabbath with only the deaf ministry to think about. I thought things would have been set to the right mood. That was what I thought, until my phone rang.

I was alone at home. I wanted to rest. The rest of the family went to church. I was not expecting any other commitments since I already informed my small group that I can't make it. Suddenly my phone rang. It was kuya mike, one of YM's leaders. What I heard shocked me! He told me to be the superintendent this sabbath.

It was like a shockwave to my ears. I never knew that I would reach this point. To be supe or superintendent, means to be incharge of the sabbath school program. It's the program where most people attend. It is also one of the most busiest and tragically, most pressuring program. I've seen a few of my AMiCUS-UPM friends bend and fold at the pressure of keeping the program well.

I guess I am really over reacting. Kuya Mike told me that I'll just be reading the remarks. But it seems to be the start of some new ministry. Once more, God has given me another fuel to keep my fires burning. It may be a small ember but heck, I'd do anything to keep it going.

Well, I guess if it is God calling and telling me to go, I'd definitely keep it aflame. I don't want to find myself inside a big fish or be banned from entering somewhere for my resistance. It's for the Lord, and I believe He will strengthen me to conquer it.

No comments:

Post a Comment