Mga Pahina

Monday, June 14, 2010

All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten


Rating:★★★★★
Category:Books
Genre: Nonfiction
Author:Robert Fulghum
This is really over due.

I was walking around a mall when I spotted this book in a bargain bookstore. It's pages somewhat old. However, I recall a faint memory of receiving an email message with this in the subject heading. I got curious especially when I read the first few pages. I bought the book even though I still had a long reading list.

Never did I regret my decision. It lead me to transcend from the novels to the essays.

The book is the the first of many by American minister and author Robert Fulghum. It's a book of essays on life and ironies of life. The title refers to the list of rules and guidelines taught to kindergarten students and how good it would be for the world if adults follow these simplistic set of rules.

However the book cover more than just those rules. It also features essays on life, death, birth, surprises, washing clothes and dishes among others. No joke, it really has an essay about washing clothes and dishes. There's even one featuring a mermaid.

What's fun about reading this book is it's style. The somewhat simple and and sometimes straight forward way of delivering the essays seem like talking to the readers. It wouldn't even feel like your reading a book, it's more like listening to a good teacher or a having a conversation with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment