Mga Pahina

Saturday, July 10, 2010

24

24 is the name of a famous television action drama series.

It is also the number of hours in a day 

the number of books in the Hebrew Tanakh

the atomic number of chromium.

the number of ribs in the human body

the number of hours needed by a hen to produce an egg

the number of hours needed for the green algae to reproduce

the number of furlongs in one league

the number of carats that make up pure gold

the number of cycles in a Chinese solar year

Talking about this number and years, it also my age this July 9th. There wasn't any grand celebration as these days are just meant to pass for me. I never even received that much greetings since I never bothered to put it up on facebook or any other social networks. I figured it would have been better to just let the day pass peacefully with only the ones who really could remember it would remember to greet me. I thought of it also as a test if you really value me. (Don't worry though, it's not a grave offense and it is not offensive at all to forget my birthday) 

24 years of existence is too few for a person. It is still considered young by modern standards, Though in my 24 years of existence, I have seen people younger than me die of disease, accidents and many other thing and I have seen people taking a wife or husband at an age younger than 24. In some cultures, this age could mean a person is at his peak or a person is already near maturity. 

For me though, it doesn't seem to mean a thing. I still remain as one goofy guy with lots of things on his mind including a nice meal at World Chicken or a nice glass of blended fruits (these aren't my favorite food). I still remain as a guy dreaming of owning a lot of gadgets and a solitary cottage on the edge of a cliff facing the vast ocean with me enjoying the view while writing reflections of each kind.

Looking back at my 24 years of existence, I find it reassuring that God trusted me to live this long to learn a lot of things and to overcome a lot of obstacles. I am still limited I know and I still fail a lot of times (hey, my birthday sermon in church turned out to be an epic fail because I prepared a longer sermon than necessary).But I am willing to accept the defeat if it's the only way God could teach me things in life those are the biggest blessings. If there's anything I could wish for right now, it's for me to enjoy a meaningful life of fellowship and devotion to God. 

If you're thinking when I celebrated my birthday, I wouldn't tell you here. One thing is for sure, it's not today.

1 comment:

  1. I hope your wish would come true, Kuya Worthy! Happy 24th birthday!

    ReplyDelete