Mga Pahina

Sunday, July 18, 2010

TV Appearance for a Price.

Cameras and lots of wiring were the main attractions of Pasay Adventist Church (PAC) from the 17th to the 30th of July.
 
The Central Luzon Conference (CLC) of SDA decided to conduct their More Abundant Life In Jesus Crusade and TV program in cooperation with PAC. What seemed like a simple task of conducting a program became an overwhelming project. Cameras were set up, the sound system was given an upgrade, various wiring and contraptions were set up on the pulpit, and the worst part was that the internet connection was given up for them to upload a live stream of the production. It was all for the production.

As part of the program, PAC was given the charge of arranging the praise team for the program. Since the only praise team available (and the only one at PAC) was the Youth Ministries Praise Team, we were the ones tapped to do it. With the help of some import singers and musicians from MAMC College Church, we were set to learn the songs including the theme song "How Great Is Our God" of Chris Tomlin. We had two weeks of practice with some inconveniences when it came to the musicians. We had trouble getting musicians, but we were able to settle for a guitarist from the neighboring college church.  

The first night was a night of revelations. Television wasn't as glitzy or glamorous as I thought it to be. Rather it was more like a toxic time bound environment where people could easily snap if you just pulled the wrong strings. The deadlines were by the minute and things like professionalism and ethics were either taken very highly or taken for granted by most of the people. 

We were able to sing, although I leave it up to you to judge if we did well. None the less, for the next few nights, I expect to get home later than usual. It's a sacrifice we had to do to serve God in our own little ways. But that wasn't the price I had to pay for my first international TV appearance, it was the virus I couldn't get out (yet) on my notebook. I had the honor of arranging the powerpoint slides for the praise team. Apparently, in my haste to set up the slides, I plugged my USB to a virus infested computer and then to my notebook without scanning. Now, I can feel the presence of this virus whatever it maybe, but I have to let it stay there for now, until I could get time to scan the whole system.

If you're interested to look at what happened from the first night of the crusade until tonight, visit http://www.adventist.ph

No comments:

Post a Comment