Mga Pahina

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Reconnecting

As seventh-day adventists, we never practice baptism of babies. Thus, most children raised in SDA homes don't have godmothers or godfathers.

So it's a big wonder to most that as I grew up, I had a god mother. Yes, do. I only have one. She is my mom's best friend. 

The last time I heard of her was back in grade school. It was before the internet age. After that, she flew to Hawaii, never to be seen again. We used to email when I was in high school or college but suddenly we lost contact. She stopped responding until some of my messages bounced back.

Just this week, I tried to "organize" my email address book. I sent emails to long lost contact to confirm if this was still their email. If not, I'll delete their emails. I have friends in high school who created several email accounts but never used them. Then, I found her email. I tried to send a message, this time just asking how she is. I was amazed when I received a reply the next day. 

I wasn't overjoyed. Just a little bit surprised. I told my mom and she was overjoyed. I don't know why I didn't feel that way. Probably because we never had any connection in the first place. I grew up knowing that she existed. Then again, it's nice to learn that she's alive and well. I just hope I could get a gift from her on my birthday this time. just joking. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment