Mga Pahina

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Something I Neglected.

This is somewhat a part two of How I Got the Laptop All to Myself Once Again.

Right now, I had the chance to use the new desktop. I actually thought that everything was going fine with it. There were some problems which still left me clueless. One thing in particular is the sound driver for the motherboard's built-in sound. Since it's a new system, the old one I have downloaded seemed incompatible with the new motherboard. But I'm working on that right now after doing that same driver search countless times before.

Another one is the ethernet adapter problem. It seemed that the built-in one doesn't work that well. However, since the old motherboard doesn't have a built-in device, we were able to purchase a peripheral device. Later on, during my search for the sound driver, I learned that the ethernet adapter problem could also be relate to a missing or out of date driver. Hence, it could be easily resolved through the internet.

Apart from those problems, there was one bigger thing that I have neglected for weeks since purchasing and fixing the desktop. You see, we bought only the motherboard and left everything else intact such as the monitor and the keyboard and mouse. I have known a long time ago that the monitor was somewhat acting out its age. It occasionally blinks or the screen gets dark eventually. It was nothing a smart tap on the monitor couldn't fix. Besides, I plan to save up for an LCD screen for the desktop, so I'll let my siblings endure it for a moment more.

What was really irksome was when I tried sending an email message using the desktop. I found out the biggest and most annoying of all errors: I forgot to check on the condition of the keyboard and mouse. Now, I feel like I'm reaping the consequences of my neglect. The main QWERTY keys work well except for the letter D-button which needs an extra push to work. The worse thing was that all the number and symbol keys as well as the function keys from F1 to F12 were all not working. That's like a handful of keys were working while the rest were broken. The mouse was also acting up. It seemed to refuse to work on certain times or sometimes it would move on its own. Something really is wrong and there's only one way to fix it: replacement.

Replacing would mean buying and I don't have any money at the moment. Oh bummer!!

4 comments:

  1. Ahaha. Problem with buying bits and pieces is that we tend to forget something important. The benefit of buying sets since it's guaranteed to have everything you need. XD We also need to fix our desktop, but I'm not really concerned about it, since I much prefer laptops. =x Just need a mouse and the power supply and I'm good to go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep...Laptops are really handy and convenient but desktops somewhat exudes power, while laptop would seem fragile. I mean what's the risk of dropping a laptop compared to the risk of dropping a desktop? =P None the less, I still prefer buying bits and pieces of your desktop that way, you have more of a hands-on feeling when it comes to maintenance and troubleshooting the unit. That is aside from the financial advantage in that you can save more with bits and pieces than with a whole set. =D You can also get more knowledge about how your computer really works when you get to the minute details. :D

    Wait a minute,,, why am I rebutting? Is this an argument? Heck, my only problem is the keyboard and mouse... hahaha... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup. Disadvantage of laptop is that there's a limit to the upgrades. More like, upgrading for laptop almost always mean buying a new one. Unlike with desktops where you can easily change the parts. LOL goodluck dropping a desktop. XD

    Haha, I dunno, I was just commenting on your post. =x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep yep... and laptops are actually meant to be disposable... It's lifespan isn't that long...

    ReplyDelete