Mga Pahina

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Still Taking It Further.

I'm so thankful to God for the past year. I got most of what I wanted. Out of the 7 things that I listed for my extended wish list last year, I got 4 of them without noticing it. 

I wanted to write another list for this year but I can't seem to figure out what I really wanted. It's hard to when you already feel satisfied with what I have - or am I? 

After posting my testimony on what God did this year, I tried to think hard. What do I want? I thought of a girlfriend but is that something money can buy? I don't think so. How about world peace? Nah, tried that last year but it didn't count for a wishlist. 

After weeks of patiently thinking and soul searching that even led me to the streets of Manila, I found out what I wanted. So after wiping the drool off my face, I wrote down some things that I wanted. Here they are:


1. Book Collection. I was able to exhaust all available books written by Robert Fughum in Booksale. I was also able to collect the current Looking Back series by Ambeth Ocampo and the TRESE comics by Budjette Tan and KaJO Baldisimo. I'm still waiting for the latest installments from these books. In the mean time, I hope to buy all books by Bob Ong. I started collecting this year and with the price of the books, I hope I could obtain them all before march. Yet this year, the real goal is the ever elusive, Pacific Rims by Rafe Bartholomew. A friend recommended it and since then, I have been in pursuit of the volume. My friend told me to buy it last May. It's December and it's almost January and I still haven't gotten a copy.

update: I already bought a copy of Pacific Rims. Now, I want a Filipiniana collection.

2. Ipad or Ipod. Whichever I could afford. This almost seemed like a joke. The moment I was able to save enough for an Ipod Touch this year, I ended up buying a notebook PC instead. The next time I saved enough, I bought a PSP. Still the next time, I booked a flight to CDO and Camiguin. Which also led to me being broke today. Still, it's good to have one. Especially the Ipad which has lots of therapy apps.


3. Portable DVD player or External DVD Drive. I wanted to watch DVDs. I still have to catch up on House, MD. and Man Vs. Wild. I also have lots of TV series on DVD that I want to watch. Friends recommend this and that but I can't watch it yet since the Gatey the laptop needs to be fixed. It's still wishful thinking and this one's purely on a whim.



4. DSLR Camera. I already have my trusty point and shoot digicam. I like it (but I still haven't paid for it in full), but there's something in me that wanted to take it on a higher level. I used to marvel at the G11 but now, I wanted to skip it and go higher with a Canon DSLR. I wanted to learn how to capture those great shots by my photographer friends. Maybe it could also be a good hobby for me. Better yet, it could be a good vocation for me. You'd never know, right?




5. House and lot. This time I'm serious after seeing the house a friend bought. It's not a mansion, it was actually humbling. I like the concept. A bungalow or a two story house would do. I also wanted a condo unit that I could put out for rent. Some plans for a passive income wouldn't hurt right? Maybe this house would be enough for me. Anything short of this is unacceptable. Kidding of course.


6. Car. I wanted wheels for myself but I wished for the house first because it's so unpractical to have  a car here in our neighborhood unless you have your own parking space. Any model would do as long as it can run and can reach Baguio or Ilocos Norte intact. Something like this wouldn't hurt though. If this is already available in the market. All I could think of if I see this is HOT WHEELS. Yep the toy. That I could get today.


7. Touch Screen Phone. This is just in case I couldn't get me an Iphone. I'm eyeing the my|phone or cherry mobile touch phone. Yep the one with the television. It has poor reviews I know but those reviews are from tech freaks who wanted more from the phone. Still, an android or a galaxy would still be good.

I sure hope God would still read my post and make this a fruitful year just like this year. I am not hoping to get all of this, but these are the things that I wish for this year. It's still wishful thinking.

How I wish.




3 comments:

  1. Kuya Worthy, there's portable DVD player available in Raon, Quiapo that's worth around P2,000 to P2,500. I bought mine Feb of this year, and it's still as good as new. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know karl, just don't seem to have time to buy one. or if I did find a cheap one, I get second thoughts. hahaha....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, I also have that tendency to back out when buying something. :D

    ReplyDelete