Mga Pahina

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Drained

It seems weird to admit that I'm feeling drained. After working for 6 straight days for a month, I cant help but admit that I needed a break. I needed to go somewhere fresh and green. Maybe a secluded garden or on top of a mountain. 

Looking back, I never had this kind of feeling before. I used to have activities 7 days a week including church activities, school activities and some outreach activities. Still think I can do it. I don't admit that I'm getting older, there's still a lot of things I wanted to see, hear, touch and experience. I'm not that old.

Maybe it's because things have become somewhat a routine. Sure the kids are act different each day, but still you have that feeling of going to work at 8 am or 9am, take a lunch break at around 11 or 12 noon and end by 5pm. It has become that kind of a routine for some years or months now. Whereas in college, schedules shift after 3 months or so and each day is a new lesson or a new experience. 

I hope I could have a change in routine. Maybe an earlier time out? Maybe a different day off? Or maybe a career in the academe? There's so many possibilities but it seems hard to find which path to take. I'll just leave it to God to tell me where to go. As of the moment, I guess there are lessons that I must learn.

7 comments:

  1. I work 6 and a half days here in Palawan, from 7am to 6pm on Mondays to Saturdays, and 7am to 1 pm on Sundays. At first I felt frustrated because I always get tired that I immediately fall asleep after eating dinner. But then it became sort of a routine, so it was easier to handle, and I made sure to do something I want every time I can. Be it making little monsters, or making bracelets and stuffs. It became more manageable, and I don't resent it as much. But I'm a homebody, so it suits me. Maybe you should alot a day for activities that you want to do, to release the stress from work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! you had it harder I guess. I think what drains me the most is the emotional and mental fatigue. You know our job as much as I do, it's not that too stressful if you think of it. It's the outside work stress that's draining me. I guess this is just an adjustment period. This 6 days of work just came abruptly. I just hope I would adjust well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. From four days I jumped into my current sched, so mahirap talaga tanggapin. Hehe, baka naman namimiss mo lang bonding natin hahaha. But honestly, no matter how frustrating the day is, I always looked forward to our dinner out every Thursday. Shempre we (or rather I) can rant about my frustrations without having to explain terminologies is a plus. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naks naman! hehehe... Yeah, those were the days, although, lately, hindi na namin nagagawa yun nila JM. I have other engagements during Thursday nights so we rarely go out on dinners na, unlike before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kuya Worthy! I've tried working 6 days a week before, but after 3 months of being drained, I just couldn't do it anymore. I have resolved it by transferring some of my students to my other workday and kept two days of the week to myself and my family and friends. I'm being asked to open up speech therapy in one clinic here in SJDM, Bulacan but I can't commit yet because of those unhealthy 3 months that I've experienced before.

    Hi Ate Michi! Wow, you work SEVEN DAYS a WEEK? I don't know how you're able to do that, but I'm pretty sure I won't try to do that in the future. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, not as an SP Karl, but as an all around utusan haha joke. I'm helping my parents sa family business namin. I knew naman na what I am getting into, so I really had no choice but to accept it. :D

    ReplyDelete