Mga Pahina

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Taking It Further Again

Another wishlist appeared at the office for the fourth straight year. And again, I've stared at those blanks under my name. Others have already filled up theirs. So for the fourth straight year, what do I want that's worth 500 pesos?

I couldn't think of any.

My colleagues kept on urging me to fill up the blanks. I thought, is there a DSLR worth 500 pesos? It wouldn't even be enough to buy me a lens or even a neckstrap. Is there a girlfriend worth 500 pesos? I doubt that girlfriend would be for keeps if she had a tag price. What book is worth 500 pesos? There's a lot. But what book do I like that's worth 500 pesos? There's not too many. Besides, my reading list has exceeded epic proportions so adding another book to the list might drive me crazy. Still I had to put something. In any case books are the safest bet. I also placed in a hiking gear that I guess could be worth 500 pesos.

Again, the thought of a wishlist still made me think. What do I really want?

Making what I started in 2009 a tradition, I submit to you the things I would really like to have. God willing, He would grant these things to me in 2013.

1. Laptop/Netbook - I'd go for the less expensive and more portable netbook. My HP Mini has seen quite a battle. It is about to breathe its last anytime soon. I liked how it worked so I'm going to get me another one once it breathed its last. I don't need anything to big. I'm not playing games anyway. I just wanted something to type with and to go online with. So for the first part of 2013, I'm going to consciously save up for a new netbook.

2. DSLR / Digicam - I guess 2013 is a year of restarting. Although I've been wishing for an SLR since 2009 but never managed to get one. I began to think if I really needed one. I think it's too bulky and heavy for travel. And when you go on trips, you needed that ultra quick draw skills that could easily be carried out if you were carrying a digicam. My phone camera sucks so I needed a separated digicam or DSLR. Whichever it is, I just need something to capture the moment with. Still it's yet to be seen if I could save up for one.

3. Apple Product or Tablet - I don't care anymore whether it's an Iphone or an Ipod touch or an Ipad. I could also work with a Samsung Galaxy Tab or Note or even just a Coby Kyros. But I'd surely go for the Apple product. All of those could save me from boredom on days when I'm waiting for a flight or give an added means of taking pictures when needed. Plus, I could use an Ipad for work. Tablet could work too. This has not been a priority so I wasn't able to obtain this even after years of putting this on my wishlist.

4. Book Collection - It's not actually a wish because I already have a book collection. I just wanted to add more to my already growing collection. Still this time, I wanted a Filipiniana Collection. Bob Ong. Ambeth Ocampo. Bo Sanchez. I have their books but not their whole collection. I hope I could complete them within this year that is if they stop writing this year. If not, this entry to this list would still be here next year.

5. My Own Business - This is not far from happening. It actually is already in the works. I just hope I could have enough backbone to maintain and keep it. I am praying that this would materialize this year. God willing, I would be able to have this earlier this year.

These are the material things that I wanted to have for this year. Again, as tradition dictates, I will forget about this and let God do the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment