Mga Pahina

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Still Taking It Further Some More Post Script

I think this is the right time and moment to reflect on the things that I have done for the year. It's four years to go until the new year.

Back in 2009, when this blog was still in Multiply, I posted, just for the heck of it, a wish list that I wanted for the year. As the days past and the posts piled on, I totally forgot about my wish list. It was by accident when I stumbled upon it at the end 2010. I couldn't believe that 4 out of the 7 things on my wishlist was granted. I was able to obtain more than half of what I wished for. Actually, 2 of those could never be obtained in a years span considering that it was just my second year of work that time. I did it again each year with a post script after the year to look back at the list. It became a persona tradition. Funny thing is that I always forget what I wrote on that list every year.

This year was another year of blessings. I dug deep into my wish list before 2011 ended and found that I was able to get 3 out of the 7 items I have listed. 1 of the 7 is not a material wish. 3 out of the 7 are too expensive.

Then again, I am thankful to the Lord.

1. Running/Sports Watch - Since joining the running bandwagon, I wanted to track my progress. I was fortunate to find a real cool deal with Ensogo and bought it immediately. It also has a heart rate monitor that could help me track my hear and pulse rates while running. It's really cool.

2. Ipod/Iphone - OK, I didn't get either an Ipod or an Iphone, but I did get a new BlackBerry phone and I couldn't ask for more. I guess this year is not the year for me to get an Apple product. Although someone did gave me a charger as a present.Could this mean I'm going to have an Apple gadget next year? We'll see...

3. Hiking Stuff - I was only able to climb two minor mountains this year. But my impulsiveness allowed me to buy a Merrel Chameleon 3 for almost half the price. It was a big help for the two mountains I climbed. Apart from that, I was able to finally use my new hiking jacket and hat. I was also able to obtain other stuff but the major ones have to wait until next year.

Apart from that, I was able to own more than I deserved this year. I couldn't help but be thankful for what a wonderful year it has been. There may be a lot of lows, but this has definitely been a blessed year.


No comments:

Post a Comment