Mga Pahina

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Why I Hate Cleaning

I had more than two weeks of Christmas break. 

For someone who doesn't even believe in the validity of the Christmas day as a day of Christ's birth, I still welcome the break with open arms and mouth. Sure, I may not have enough money because I don't get to work, but I get to rest and have time to do things like update my blog and catch up on the movies. 

Oh, I always update my blog and always get to watch a movie. :)

Still, it's nice to have time to do the things you've been itching to do especially now that I'm going to face a larger challenge next year. So for a few days, I'll be holed up in my room resting, typing and doing whatever.

Today, I had the strength and energy to clean up my black-hole of a room. Black hole because anything I put in it gets lost somewhere within the room. I had the impulse to clean or atleast rearrange things in my room. 

Now it is clean (for me, just don't come in here). 

While cleaning my room, I was reminded how I hated the chore. Sure, it gives me fulfillment and a sense of accomplishment. Sure, I get to lie down on a clean bed, a clear room and a dust free area. I was actually happy when I started, but when I got to my closet, I found something that brought tears to my eyes.


All the notes, cards, dedicated bookmarks, and letters that I got since high school until college came out of my closet. I couldn't help but read through them and be reminded of all the wishes people gave to me. Various occasions: Christmas, Valentine's Day, my birthday. All those messages came from close friends, classmates and friends who reminded me of how I was before. I couldn't help but be teary eyed. It is mushy I know, but for someone who's about to face a crazy ordeal after this year would really be propelled to tears. It is overwhelming to learn that I've touched so many people that they made efforts to write. 

If you're from I-Pythagoras '99-2000, II-Mendel 2000-2001, III-Dalton 2001-2002, IV-Newton 2002-2003, Batch '07 BSSP, and AMiCUS-UPM 2003-2007, thank you so much!

1 comment:

  1. One wonder of cleaning your own room is bumping to old cards, notes and the like. An immediate nostalgia is inevitable afterwards. :)

    ReplyDelete