Mga Pahina

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Have Not Lost The Touch!

I really don't know if I could still do this, I thought as I stepped onto the platform. It has been years since I last did this kind of thing and now I'm not so sure if I could pull it off again. I wrapped my finger onto the trigger as I eased my shoulders onto the rifle. And as if every movement made a sound, I silently slid my head into the sights of the sniper rifle.

I'll just have to be fast and accurate. I'll just have to be calm and ready. I'll just have to make it feel like the old days.

"Man, what am I thinking?" I said to myself. "Those old days were just two years ago. I could definitely pull this off again."

I set my sights on the crosshair. Then I tightened my grip on the gun as I awaited the orders. And the mission began.

The wind speed and the wind direction were A-ok. I was completely hidden from view from this platform so my enemies wouldn't know what hit them the moment I pull the trigger. I set my sights on the first target and as all breath escaped from my mouth and nose, I pulled it.

It took me a few seconds to recover from the recoil and see what happened. I drew the first blood and as expected he didn't know what hit him. He just fell like stone with a busted head. A head shot too!

But I didn't end there. There were more enemies and time is running out. I have to postpone the celebrations and make the body count rise fast!

I spotted the next two targets on the rooftops. I shouldn't miss. If I missed they'll open fire. They may not hit me but some civilian might get hurt. I managed to bag the other two on the roof tops without sparing a moment for one of them to look at the other as he dropped dead. I shot some more scum guarding the building. These structures with glass panels for walls sure make my job easy. I fell three men including one who was hiding behind a group of civilian hostages. All of them head shots.

Now it came to the last man. This guy's the mastermind and the higher ups want him dead. He was holding this lady while rocking back and forth apparently trying to elude my rifle. Little did he know that his head was sticking out that even before I was signalled, a frag was already flying towards him. He fell down with a hole on his forehead.

I breathed a sigh of relief. I managed to pull it off. I haven't lost the touch at all.

I can still play this video game. I can still play Sogeki and now at a new location with so few people playing. I might be at Shangrila longer than the usual.










1 comment: