Mga Pahina

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Floating Away*

My tears, again, I give to thee,
Snatched with utmost pity,
To see life go waste away
As thou nearest the end of day.


Nay, ‘tis ne’er the end of day,
I sorely tremble at the thought,
But rather the ebbing away
Of thy will and of thy lot.


Thy sturdy hands that held me
Rocked me, carried me gently,
Brought me to the great wonders
Of steeds grazing on the fodder.


Thy sinews whose matchless strength
Carried the towers of ceaseless length
Bored through immense boulders
And hammered past countless borders.


I marveled at the sight of thy might,
Though right now, I see its blight,
Wizened, aged and bent thou be,
Strength of the years be with thee.


As thy once sturdy limbs fail thee now,
Take my hand, I’ll show thee how
And together great places we shall see
Only this time, let me carry thee.

___
*This poem is dedicated to Daddy and to all those whose current condition seem to be ebbing away beyond their years.


No comments:

Post a Comment