Mga Pahina

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Clean Up

110. That was my last count.

I found this CD from a pile of old CDs while cleaning up the bookshelves. I looked it up after the clean up of the shelves on our DVD player, but it wouldn't run. I thought it was a broken disc not until after I looked at it in my computer. The moment it loaded, I got a glimpse of history.

Seven years back. When I was roaming the corridors of Araullo High School, I conjured up a list of all my current book collections. I created two identical documents. It was also funny to note that I also made my own logos. It was so juvenile.

Anyway, I collected children's classics which eventually evolved into "anything-I-get-my-hands-into" genre. There were days when I really emptied all my pockets for a book or two that I even forgot to save for my fare home. It happened frequently that there were times where I had to walk home or wait for my brother or sisters to go out of their elementary class and hitch a ride in our school service (we were operating one back then). So because of my rash spending, I was able to have a steady collection growing and I have read them all, mind you.

Back in high school, someone suggested that I make a living out of it by running a book rental. I liked the idea so I made a list of books. However, when I saw how my own classmates treated their books, I backed out but kept the list. I figured it was more organized that way and I would be able to monitor my books. I kept on adding into it through the years so that it totalled 110 books including reference books and school requirements that I owned.

I stopped adding to the list when I started college. I got too busy that the CD containing the document got lost till today. Now, I lost count. Maybe I have more than a hundred or maybe even double the number. I could only guess, but the books keep adding up each day.

Until I have my own library, I won't stop adding more books into my collection.

2 comments: