Mga Pahina

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Madz Et Al 2009 Choir Festival

Rating:★★★★★
Category:Other
May 16, 2009 - Once again, our church's very own Lifeline choral invited us to watch the annual Madz Et Al Choral Festival. This festival was sponsored and produced by no less that the Philippine Madrigal Singers and runs for a week at Philamlife Auditorium. They invite their affiliated choirs (choirs with conductors who were former members or underwent training with them) to present their best musical pieces and renditions. Most of the time, expect the choirs to go all out!!

I was not able to watch last year's (2008) festival since I had no money back then. But this year's theme and genre, classical-romantic works, really made me eager to watch. And for less than 300, I got the chance to hear the best vocal renditions in the madrigal style. Too bad though since I realized that I was watching the last show in festival. There were 6 choirs for each night who would sing three to four foreign and local songs under the mentioned genre. It was really a night to remember and the best concert if you are a choir aficionado.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm not really into watching performances, but choirs, now that's different. I especially like hearing the spine tingling ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah.. and that concert was really spine tingling... let's watch next year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. er, you should have invited me! hmpt! next yr, ayt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry... Okie... I'll keep that in mind.. hehehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe! salamat at naappreciate mo kahit may pumalpak noon...

    sino kaya yun? hehe!

    ReplyDelete