Mga Pahina

Sunday, October 18, 2009

So I Sit Here... Alone

I'm currently sitting alone in a shop some kilometers from home.

Not that the distance matters. Actually, I kinda enjoy being away from home for a day. Most times, I don't sit down. I walk

I love walking the same way some people I know loved to run or hike. I love walking along the busy streets of Manila. It shows life at its peak. You hear the buzzing of people, and the loud sounds of the shops nearby. Once in a while, a passing car would amaze you or a store would entice you to come in and check its wares.

Walking gives me the pleasure of thought. It allows me to recollect what has happened during the day and how it created an impact in my life.

Today though, I sat down. I hope I didn't. I didn't know that from where I was sitting, a band would be playing a few meters from me. A full band with drums and all. The lead vocals wasn't that good. The song wasn't even familiar and the people weren't even shouting in joy.

I tried walking for 4 hours already while waiting for some people I was supposed to meet. I sat down inside a coffee shop near the entrance of the mall. Apparently they weren't coming. Oh well!

Current Location: The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, SM North EDSA
Currently Listening: Some freaking band sprouting out noise.

9 comments:

  1. Meany! Haha

    Oh well, with all the hustle and whatnot we don't really have time to just sit back and relax and observe our surrounding, or even take pleasure walks when going home from school or work. To be honest, I don't feel comfortable walking around in Manila, what with previous experiences of almost getting my stuff stolen while walking along Taft avenue. I only like walking inside malls, and even there, I can't slow down. I'm the type of person who likes to have a destination. I'm not made for wanderings. =x I get too antsy.

    Coffee Bean!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the type who wanders even my mind wanders nyahahaha... Kaya nga minsan pinapagalitan ako ni mama kapag lumalabas mukha daw akong dugyot. Sabi ko tama lang yan para hindi ka vulnerable sa mga loko jan lalo na at naglalakad lakad ako lagi... hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like to walk when I go home in the afternoon because it gives me some time to think about what happened throughout the day, as well as what I'll be doing when I get home. (",

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know, it's like a prelude to a chapter of a novel. do you plan on making one?hehe :)

    I also love walking. It clears the mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah. If I have the time, perseverance and a straight mind. A novel might be possible. :) But right now, I kinda like writing essays and drawing inspiration from my experiences. No plots. Just seemingly random thoughts - something like Robert Fulghum's books. I have no brains right now for an organized story for a novel. hehehe... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol no doubt. Kaya nga sabi ko kay Con nung Friday dapat hintayin ka namin sa Faura wing, or else maglalakad ka sa buwan. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! I'd like to give that a try... wahahahaha....

    ReplyDelete
  8. you always do that. parang laging namamasyal sa park pag naglalakad mag isa. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. wahahaha... well, you always have to take your time. That way, you won't get pressured.

    ReplyDelete