Mga Pahina

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hope I'm Right.

youth_devI’m still young, I don’t know what to believe.

I firmly believe that the younger generation needs to be taught the values that they would need in life. Not only the do’s and don’ts but the principles that they needed to hold onto so as to live a life with a purpose.

I believe that a life with a purpose would be better realized not through education but through having a firm foundation and value system. With the economic crises that we are experiencing today, what else can we leave for the younger generation?

Like I said, I’m still young. Read more...

8 comments:

  1. so how do we make a firm foundation and value system apart from education? "education" does not translate to merely school, books, exams. I believe we can educate the younger ones by example. that's still education, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, very much so... since all of us get our first education at home. Our parents taught us the names of everything in our homes and we have learned all the basics from them. A firm foundation and value system has to be built up from there... It includes how parents discipline their children. Why do they discipline them? is it because they wanted their kids to shut up or they wanted their kids to learn something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. im now arguing about the technicality of the word "education" hehe just sharing my two cents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I truly appreciate your two cents.. ehehehe... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, then geek meets geek. hey, i miss INTELLIGENCE conversations with you [that's obviously meant to be wrong]

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha... I missed them too... wahahaha... have you read the whole post?

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I meant the whole blog post... hehehehe... there's a read more which links to the whole blog post... hahahaha... kasi I noticed you just commented on the education part... ehehehe...

    ReplyDelete