Mga Pahina

Friday, November 27, 2009

It Doesn't Matter

If someone asked you, “how old are you?” How would you respond?

In my current world of yuppies, fancy coffee shops and gadgets, I have often met people who answered that question with a gaze that seemed to say, “Is that even a question?” It’s true. Once a girl I met just stared at me when I asked that question. Another guy guffawed with gusto when I asked his age.

I really couldn’t help but wonder why they tried to avoid such a question as simple as how many earth rotations around the sun you have experienced. Why do people hide their age?

Read more...

7 comments:

  1. Well, usually I don't give a shit about my age. When they ask, I answer. It's nothing to be embarrassed off. It even make me laugh because most people think I'm younger than my actual age. But nowadays, when people ask, I hesitate, and answer the question with an embarrassed smile. Maybe it's because I finally realized that, hey, I'm 22, and still haven't made anything out of my life. I used to believe that 22 is still young, and that I have time. But recently the fact that I'm still not working, and had just finished college at this age, made me regret about my decisions and actions back then. Its the paranoia when you hear people ask 'How old are you?' then follow up with 'Where do you work?' after knowing you're in your twenties. Some people lack tact. But then again, it was my fault I had to be ashamed of myself in the first place. =x

    Don't forget the brain age, and the body age, and all those jazz. =x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ages doent matter...hahaha..nutritionist friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. language age, hahaha. im reading jargons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's why we're waiting for you at therab... wahahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder who that guy is... pengeng soya... wahahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's why we're waiting for you at therab...

    ReplyDelete