Mga Pahina

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Time Out

There's so much to do, yet so little time. These days I found out that I have so many neglected chores that I could only stare at them as they rot away. I found this out when I checked my email accounts. They were cluttered with life that just whizzed by. Some of them, including updates from various social networking sites, which normally I would have deleted upon reading were on my in box for several weeks now. Yet I still never found time to delete them. I wonder why.

That is not the end of the story.

I picked up some of my book keeping OC-ness when I started collecting books (that was grade 4 I think). I had the awareness to cover my books with plastic cover after reading them. So with that I had two on my things to do list. Read books and cover them. Unfortunately, I was only able to read and finish some and never cover them. Other books, I never get to finish at all. Adding to the humiliation was the fact that most of these books were the inspirational books I managed to grab. Here are some of these books:

1. Red Letter Questions - Got this from MV Doulos I managed to read the first few chapters but was not able to really finish the book. It was interesting though. Since I never got to finish it, I was not able to cover it as well.

2. Letters from a Skeptic - This one is really great. I managed to finish this and this was probably the reason why I never got to finish the book on top of this list. Still, I can't find the time to put a cover on it.

3. Disapointment with God - I'm currently reading this one, hence uncovered. This is one of Philip Yancy's great works.

4. Not Even A Hint - Joshua Harris's third book. Loved it and finished it. But I can't cover it since someone borrowed it before I even had the mind to.

5. Infinite Crisis - This one does not fall into the inspirational/religious category, but its a book none the less. It's one of DC Comics' famous story arcs that they produced with a novelization. I managed to find it at the most reasonable price at National Bookstore to boot. But I never got to finish this one. Bummer.

6. The Kitchen God's Wife - A work of Amy Tan, the author of the Joy Luck Club. I was supposed to read it. Really. But things got out of hand and I can't find the book anymore. I hope it wasn't turned into something else by our cats.

7. MEMORY - this one's a text book. One of the most interesting ones. Because of its nature, I guess I wouldn't be able to finish this, but I keep on returning to this book once in a while.

8. AAC - this one's the real gold in the booksale mine. I found it accidentally. Its a text book on AAC techniques. another text book = not able to finish in one sitting.

9. Lord Of the RIngs compiled edition - This is my second LOTR book. I was able to finish this one a long time ago, despite finishing the uncompiled ones. I was supposed to cover it last year but I ran out of plastic cover.

10. The Challenge -  This one is already covered but already in a bad condition. I acquired this from the black hole formerly called the YM HQ. It was about to be thrown away but I was able to save it. It's a dissertation of an Australian Seminary. Loved the topic, but can't digest.

11. The Social Cancer (2 copies) - Also known as Noli Me Tangere by Rizal. I enjoyed reading it in my spare time before we even discussed it in HS. The books were dilapidated and needed re-binding badly. My mom and dad initially owned these. They had two copies.

11 books but I wouldn't limit myself to just 11. There are others that are lost somewhere in my room. Which brings me to another task - cleaning my room. It's already a mess - a real mess. I need to clean the shelves. I just hope the termites won't get to those shelves first.

So what's the cause of all the chaos on books, emails, and my room? the answer is simple: Work. My work takes me away from doing these simple chores and the days I have reserved for a break were for making reports and making up for lost sleep.

Haaay!! It's back to the bunker for me...

9 comments:

  1. XD If I lend you Howl's mas madadagdagan pa yang reading list mo. hahaha. Remind me to bring it next time we meet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... hindi pa yan yung complete reading list ko... hahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol dont lend it to him, he wont have time to clean and wont return because he cant find it ...
    my list ? i dont know i have soooooooooooo many books ... never let me enter national bookstore ... i cant leave without a book ...
    i got not even a hint ... but i never finished it as well as all the other books of him .. not my favourite author ... can offer a lot of books of max lucado ...

    worthy dont work to much, dont forget withouth relaxing work isnt as good as with it

    ReplyDelete
  4. now that's something you can lend me... hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i wouldn't worry bout that. he'd be more worried about my bullying if that ever happens. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. sure if i am back in manila.... from here its quite hard to lend it to you ... hehe
    aehm after you cleaned your room! because i LOVE my books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha... I already have... hahaha... (I asked barry to do it since I was sick the past few days... hahaha... I'll be waiting for your return then... wahahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, the books are here somewhere... wahahaha...

    ReplyDelete