Mga Pahina

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Kitten Capers

Three kittens were born 2 months ago. Yep. Just three cute looking kittens. Three small seemingly innocent and fragile little kittens. Yet, just like the transformers tag line, there's more to these kittens than meets the eye. So don't be surprised if I literally threw them out of my room.

I have somewhat a hesitation to admire the cute-ness of kittens. They seem to be overrated when you call it that. Mind you, it is not out of spite of kittens or cats in general. We have three cats at home for pets and they seem to be pretty well fed and taken cared of. It's all about past experiences with kittens. No, there was no kitten trying to kill me like from some boring horror flick. It's just that sometimes their feigned cuteness and innocence could really be deceptive. Sometimes you just don't notice the damage they have done to your home.

A week after the kittens were born, their mother, our cat, somehow managed to sneak them inside my room, and eventually my closet. I didn't even notice it the first few days until I noticed the fur on my trousers and my jeans. I thought of letting all of hell break loose, but thought better of it since they were still so young. My mistake later on.

A month later, I discovered that they were strong enough to walk - and run. The discovery wasn't so much as shocking than irritating. I realized that they were agile and springy when I felt their paws on my bed. I tried to put them away but they resumed their petty kitten games under my bed where the wooden floor kept on thudding as their footpaws landed on them. It was like a wooden stick was being pounded on my head. I was so irritated that I did the inevitable, it was time for them to go out of the room to explore, but they didn't want to go out that easy so I sent them out the hard way - by throwing them out.

Still a month later, we - as in all of us at home - noticed that the kittens have grown to be independent. That was the exact moment when they could eat rice or fish and jump around on their own. That was also the moment when their excrement would really smell - I guess it's pointless to say how we knew that they could eat rice or fish, just follow the scent. Still that was the moment when they should be thrown out, given away or adopted.

Apparently based on past experiences, no one wanted to adopt new kittens, and we were running out of options. The first option seemed to be the inevitable, not unless someone actually wanted them. So who wants kittens?




2 comments:

  1. Dude, if your point was to advertise that you have kittens for sale or whatever, you should not have written the story above. Way to discourage other people. Hahaha. Pets shouldn't be allowed inside the house anyway, at least I think so. =x

    Cats have it in their nature to be snobbish diba? Hahaha.

    I can't take one, not that I want one though, because we have like 3 dogs at home. War man, war.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah! I have no plans to advertise them. hahaha. but if someone wants to have them, well and good. Can't bear having them running around much more having three more mouths to feed (three cats in the house).

    ReplyDelete