Mga Pahina

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Won't be Sidelined But I Could Be Guttered.

This post should have pictures but nobody who got the camera that day bothered to upload them yet, so bear with the narrative.

July 9 - A day for me... to get sick. I was really feeling bad the moment I woke up. To think that it's supposed to be my birthday, and I felt this way. My coughing spell was already bad last Tuesday and I was already feeling feverish by Wednesday. Come Thursday, I was stuck with the decision if I should go to work.

Bummer.

I had the whole week until the weekend mapped out. I'd go to work, submit some reports that I made yesterday and go out with some friends. So should I just let a fever stop me? Not now. Not today.

With all the strength I could muster (with the aid of medicines as well), I was able to pull myself together. The fever was not so high as last night, but the coughing spell was still there. I was able to control it though and even managed to take a bath and prepare myself for work.

I trudged my way to the jeepney stop. It was an unusually slow pace, I was sweating profusely, which made me feel a little better. By the time I reached the MRT, I was in the optimum condition. I was able to climb the stairs to the northbound side (I never took the MRT elevators). It was as if I wasn't even sick.

The day went on with just a few bouts of headaches and a coughing spell. During lunch, the treat was on me when I ordered lunch for my colleagues and co-therapists. It was fun when you do it once in a blue moon. Make it regular and it's devastating to the pockets.

By afternoon, I thought I was already OK and needed only to battle with the coughing spell. It wasn't until my last session when I felt the cold. The fans were not turned towards me so why am I cold? That was when I felt myself shivering. I immediately took my meds. I later on felt better. I have to be for the next things to come.

Afterwork, I immediately fell asleep on the taxi JM, Con and I took to MOA. It's a bowling night (the new frenzy this season). I woke up refreshed and ready. I felt better.

We met the others: Michi, Mike and Len there. We had dinner at a fastfood restaurant. The boys also put me on the hotseat just for fun (when didn't it?). But it was fun.

It was time for the climax of the night: Bowling. I was actually expecting to be creamed given my condition. I was able to play a good game. I was happy. Michi won the two round but it was no contest, she was more experienced than any of us. So there.




4 comments:

  1. "the treat was on me when I ordered lunch for my colleagues and co-therapists"

    buti pa sila...hahaha...dapat uminom ka ng salabat!! effective un!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. umattend ka ng meeting next sabbath... ehehehe... pizza tayo... ehehehe... ayoko ng lasa nung salabat... ehehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey correction, jM won the first round, kasi nag-wa-warm up pa daw ako. hahaha. and dude, more experienced or not, it's been years since I last played, so we were on the same footing that night. hahaha.

    I still won on the 2nd round wahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think so... it was really no contest, you just had to warm up that's all... hahaha...

    ReplyDelete